Sunday 12 April 2009

Geffrye Museum





Well I am ashamed to say that I had never even heard of the Geffrye Museum, I only came across it's name on a blog I was reading of an American lady, to think I was born and bred in the UK with a love of Interior design and I had never even heard of the place! So with nothing else to do this morning we decided to have a look! Well it was much smaller than I had imagined, but what was there was very good, basically room settings dating from the 17th Century until the 21st, I took loads of pics, and have attached a few that feature window treatments as that is my main interest, I also bought a great book called 'The book of the Edwardian & Interwar House' great photography and some amazing looking rooms, in fact that's what I'm going to do now! I Hope you are all having a great easter!.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered the Geffrye museum about 25 years ago when I lived in London.. my fave was the 1930's room.. is it still there?
    Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete