Sunday 3 March 2013

Memories....

Saw these gorgeous curtains today in Harrods in the furniture department, took me right back to being a child, I remember my Aunty having the same chocolate brown velvet curtains made, I think my Aunt's house inspired me into making curtains, she always had them hand made which was very extravagant in the 80's for an average family, I also remember seeing in her house the first austrian blind, I was amazed a bunch of cords would pull a piece of fabric into such an amazing shape! I promptly bough my first Rufflete Austrian blind Kit and made one out of an old sheet! That was when it all started.



2 comments:

  1. Its lovely to see things that trigger memories, whenever I see a volkswagon van it brings back memories of childhood holidays. Loving chocolate brown velvet curtains! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention! Pop over and say hi to enter my 'free give away'. Would love you to enter! Karen x

    ReplyDelete